Call for Participation
INTERNATIONAL BARRIER-FREE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CONGRESS 2020
“Universal Design in Information Technology”
17-19 September 2020 – MANİSA
“BILTEVT2020: International Barrier-Free Informatics Technology Cogress 2020” will be held by Turkish Platform on Barrier-Free Information Technology and hosted by Manisa Celal Bayar University 17-19 September 2020 in Manisa/Turkey. The secretarial works of the Congress will be conducted by Manisa Celal Bayar University (Secretariat of Turkish Platform of Barrier-Free Information Technology). Numerous organizations, particularly the governmental institutions have cooperated with us in organization of the Congress. Cooperation interviews with some other institutions are currently in progress.
We anticipate that the congress will attract considerable attention and active participation of national and foreign representatives, experts or academicians from various ICT Firms, governmental institutions, civil society organizations, disability centers of universities.
The Congress is of vital importance due to the fact that it will provide a platform and for ICT companies to reach their technology products or services to their target groups and for academicians, researchers or representatives of various organizations to exchange their experiences; to discuss the current situation and the existing challenges or to draft a plan of action for the tasks to be carried out in the field of information services designed for persons with disabilities.
Your participation to this significant event will certainly contribute a lot to reaching its objectives. We hope that “nternational Barrier-Free Information Technology Congress 2020” will constitute a major step forward in the field of ICT accessibility.
You can attend the congress as speakers or listeners if they wish.
Accommodation in Manisa and transportation from Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport to Manisa will be provided free of charge for participants from abroad.
- 12 February 2020 Congress Pre-Announcement
- 30 April 2020 Deadline for Submission of Abstracts
- 30 April 2020 Special Session Proposal Submission Deadline
- 10 May 2020 Abstracts Announcement of Evaluation Results
- 15 August 2020 Deadline for Abstract Submission
- 10 August 2020 Announcement of the Final Program for Congress
- 17-19 September 2020 Congress
• Smart Cities • Accessibility in Information Technologies • Accessible Access Studies in Electronic Communication • Parents and IT • Information Technologies in Education • Employment and Informatics • Mobile Learning • Distance Learning • Disabled and Media • e-government Applications • EBA • Software That Facilitates Life • Policies • Social responsibility projects • Social media • Success Stories • World and European Union Applications • Universities and Informatics • Innovation and Entrepreneurship • Visually Impaired and Informatics • Hearing Impaired and Informatics • Autism and Informatics • Informatics in Special Education • Information Technology and Services Inventory Studies • Information Technology Services Planning • Successful Applications in Information Technology Integration to the Life of Disabled • Disabled and Informatics Themed Academic Studies Inventory
Panel Discussion: The Panel Discussions will provide an opportunity for the experts to exchange information and ideas on the general situation and challenges of information services for persons with disabilities both in Turkey and in the World. Proposals for sessions are welcomed.Papers: Summaries of academic papers to be submitted by participants will be shared and assessed by the relevant board members and duly published on our website. Invited papers from eminent experts will also take place among other academic papers.
Presentations by ICT Companies and Seminars:
The seminars to be held will aim ensuring exchange of information and experiences between organizations and individuals. Universities, ICT Firms and civil society organizations are expected to display applications and technological innovations.
Seminars and Company Presentations: It is planned to provide knowledge and experience transfer between institutions and individuals through seminars to be organized. In this context, it is aimed to introduce the current practices and technological innovations of universities, IT companies and non-governmental organizations.
• Training Workshops: Various workshops will be held and a certificate will be given to the participants in order to contribute to practice in the congress process.
In this context, “Web Accessibility” Workshop, “Description Workshop” and “Coding Training for Special Education Teachers” will be organized.
• Stand Activities: Institutions and companies will be allowed to exhibit their projects and applications at the stands open during the congress.
Booths: Booths that will be open during the Congress activities will provide an opportunity for organizations and companies to display their projects and applications.
ICT Accessibility Awards
Turkish Platform on Barrier-Free Information whose secretariat work is conducted by Celal Bayar University will grant accessibility awards to successful information services for persons with disabilities.
The Award Ceremony will take place on 17 September 2020, shortly after the opening ceremony. The award ceremony, being held for the third time, aims granting awards to individuals or organizations that have directly or indirectly contributed to persons with disabilities in terms of facilitating access to education, information services and public services or enhancing social and economic life by making use of information technologies.
Manisa Celal Bayar University
Turkish Platform on Barrier- Free İnformation Technology
Dr. Mustafa Özhan KALAÇ
Coordinator of Barrier-Free Information Technology Platform